Pages

27 January 2012

Notions

These arrived in the post yesterday:
Some basic notions to start my sewing kit, along with a round plastic box of needles from I know not where, some shirring elastic and a fairly decent-looking pair of scissors, all of which were found in the Box of Useful Things.
I'm not quite sure of the difference between normal and bobble-headed pins (though the latter will be easier to see in the carpet when walking around in bare feet) but I thought I'd better get both. Then spent far too much time trying to decide between shades of blue Gutermann thread, and somehow feeling that if I chose the wrong one my nascent sewing career would be doomed. In reality, the candidates were all perfectly acceptable shades of mid blue. The pink is less hot pink than I hoped, but probably a good thing as I am trying to be reasonably sensible in my sewing purchases, and not end up with all manner of lovely-but-unusable stuff stashed in bags.
All came from Knit and Sew, and very speedily: I placed my order yesterday lunchtime and here it is.
Now to actually get the sewing machine purple beast out of its box. (The number of the beast was in fact the number on the box in which the beast arrived.)

No comments:

Post a Comment