Pages

1 January 2013

Welcome, 2013

A glorious, fresh day to usher in the new year. Much of it spent doing sporty things outside, then inside, reading under a blanket. A heel to turn later.

Some quick resolutions:
  • To be a better blogger. Not necessarily in terms of regularity, but certainly with thought towards the composition of posts. Also, plans to make the blog look a little better, and above all to post better photos. No one - least of all me - wants to see crappy BlackBerry snaps.
  • To learn to crochet. I have owned a copy of Happy Hooker, the Stitch 'n' Bitch crochet book, for a few years and now, thanks to the marvellous Tiger Store, have a couple of snazzy crochet hooks. Hook, book, what more do I need? 
  • To make the quilts I've had in mind for a while. 
  • To branch out from basic socks. The pairs I have knitted are lovely, but I have my eye on Neptune High.
  • To sew - and then wear - a dress. With this I have gone public, stating it as my intention on Karen's Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is post. 
  • To cut a steek.
On to plans to see me through the first months of the year:
  • Taking part in this year's NaKniMitMo on Ravelry. The clock has already started, but I'm finalising my mitten-pattern selection.
  • To get Jurisfiction on the needles.
  • The Tiramisu sewalong, which starts next week. 
  • A February lady sweater as a February project. Can I knit it in a month? I doubt it, but will find out.
Lots to get under way, but also plenty of freedom to go where the fancy takes me.

Happy 2013. Let's turn that heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment