Pages

24 November 2011

More on the mittens


I was very taken with the Frostbite set on Knitting to Stay Sane and bought the pattern at the beginning of October, along with the yarn to make the mittens in teal and white.
Not having a great deal of experience in knitting on double-pointed needles, and even less with colour work (bar a brief skirmish with intarsia) I decided on a plain run before going for the whole colourwork enchilada.
Knitted in Sirdar Escape chunky in 'Endeavour' to size small, but with size large thumbs: not because I have disproportionately big thumbs, but because I didn't pay attention and knitted the wrong size. Still, I'm pleased with them as my first go, thought the pattern clear and straightfoward, and the colourwork ones will appear in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment