Pages

6 February 2012

Away we go



I last used a sewing machine when I was fourteen, in the last few weeks of the school year before the two years of GCSEs started and I abandoned all practical subjects in favour of as many essays as possible.

Thus it was with some trepidation that I finally took the purple beast out of the box, threw away the protective polystyrene and set it up. All went smoothly, or rather all went smoothly if I paid attention to the manual, and I had a happy afternoon of winding bobbins and hemming scraps of old sheet. All very rough, and I learnt the importance of good preparation - in particular some decent scissors, which mine, despite appearances, were decidedly not. So a trip to John Lewis for further sewing box supplies beckons, then to set to on the first project.

No comments:

Post a Comment