Pages

3 February 2012

Friday FO

With  a day off work today, I finished my Frostbite mittens and am very pleased indeed.



I am a big fan of Glenna C's patterns (and her blog), and this was a super pattern - plain sailing for a colourwork novice, though I did chicken out and do plain thumbs, and very economical in terms of yarn. My mittens were knitted in Sirdar Click Chunky, and I used less than a skein each of Thistle and Lamb to make size small.

The mittens were a project for Ravelry's January NaKniMitMo, and despite running into extra time they were very quick to knit when I had the opportunity to sit down and do so. But then I did come late to things, having been away from both the country and the knitting at the start of the year, so I did get them done in under a month.

Given the cold snap - otherwise known as what winter's actually meant to feel like - the day off has so far been spent knitting, drinking coffee and watching Miss Marple, but now that I have a lovely new pair of mittens I might just be tempted outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment