Pages

14 September 2013

FO: Terra 2

After seeing Tasia's lovely version, I knitted my first Terra last autumn (unblogged, unphotographed, unravelried). Then, for my grandmother's birthday earlier this year, I knitted a second:




A swift, straightforward pattern, warm and much appreciated. The yarn is Stylecraft Special Aran in Garnet. I had toyed with Cascade 220, which I had used for the first version), but needed something machine-washable: my grandmother is in a nursing home and, while the staff do many, many fine things, I'm not sure hand-washing and blocking shawls should really be added to that. 

The Stylecraft also had the advantage of coming in one giant 400g ball, so there were only two wee ends to weave in, and a lot left over that may well go towards a hat or two for Christmas presents.

Yarn: Stylecraft Special Aran with Wool in Garnet
Needles: 5.5mm circular

No comments:

Post a Comment